Printing Instructions and Tips
I recommend printing this test page on the printer you plan to use with the paper
you plan to use.
- the colours may not look as you expect them to
- the size of the font/images/invite itself may not be what you expect
- gives you practice cutting along the crop marks
- the printer may not accept the paper you want to use
- if you run into any problems, you can make adjustments to your plan before you commit to the invite
Make sure your printer settings are set to the maximum quality, correct paper size and weight.
- depending on your printer you may find it cuts off a little of the crop marks, as long as you can see a bit of them, you'll be fine
- if the printer cuts off a whole crop mark or part of the design, set your printer to print "borderless" so it prints right to the edge
Once the sample is printed cut along the crop marks. I recommend cutting along the centre one first. This is the line the separates the invite from the RSVP card, they share an edge. When you purchase your actual invite set, there will be 2 invites on one page and 2 RSVP cards on a different page. This will make cutting and assembly even faster and easier.
FAQ's about Printing Samples:
Q: Why does it look so weird?
A: The sample is just that; a sample of the artwork that will appear on your invite. It's there to give you an idea of size and color so you can make sure the design is perfect before you commit to your purchase. I chop up the design and artwork a bit so people can't use it for other things.
Q: Why does it look like the design runs over the edge of the invite?
A: Some designs do run over the edge of the invite. I do this so when you cut your invites, the color will go right to the edge and you don't have to be 100% accurate with your cuts.
Q: I love the invite and the sample was great, there's just one thing I want to change!
A: Just contact me at sara[at]mrhandsomeface[dot]com, I would be happy to help!
You will need adobe acrobat reader to open this PDF. If you don't have it, get it for free here.
Click on the picture of the invite set to download the sample PDF.